‘Tis the season to make resolutions to make your life better; why not start with a reading resolution? Personally, I am going to try the Read Harder Challenge from BookRiot (find it here), but if you want something a little more chill, try the following:
- Read a book written by a woman of color.
- Read a young adult romance novel.
- Read a nonfiction book about science.
- Read a biography of a pop icon.
- Read an historical fiction set in pre-1900s America.
- Read a work of classical literature.
- Read a graphic novel.
- Read a book that inspired a movie.
- Read something that your friend wrote.
- Read an ebook.
- Read a young adult horror novel.
- Read your own diary or journal.
That’s one book per month! You can do it! If you need suggestions, see your friendly neighborhood librarian for suggestions and recommendations.